Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tech Writer[_2_] Tech Writer[_2_] is offline

Default There's a large space in my TOC

I am creating captions for figures and have a large blank space embedded. Any
ideas on why this would be? So far the captions all work but not sure where
this large "hole" comes from. It actually is a hyperlink to one of the
figures if that helps. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Most likely you pressed Enter at the beginning of a caption and got some
space inside the bookmark or (at the very least) created another paragraph
in the Caption style. If you delete the offending paragraph and insert
another in a different style (pressing Enter at the end of the preceding
paragraph to make sure the new one doesn't get inside the caption bookmark),
this should solve the problem.

news