Timpuri

Default Messagebox on Embedded Object

Hi

I have Office XP sp3 and Windows XP sp1. Once I embed a linked object into a
document ( a company logo which is at a fileshare, user has read-only rights
to that picture) that document always asks for a user input " do you want to
update linked object". That is a annoying feature, how do I get rid of that
messagebox?

Thanks

Timo
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VGltcHVyaQ==?=,

I have Office XP sp3 and Windows XP sp1. Once I embed a linked object into a
document ( a company logo which is at a fileshare, user has read-only rights
to that picture) that document always asks for a user input " do you want to
update linked object". That is a annoying feature, how do I get rid of that
messagebox?

1. You shouldn't use Insert/Object to link in a graphic. Use
Insert/Graphic/From file with the link option, instead

2. For the message, see

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=330079
WD: How the Behavior of the Word Fields Changes After You Install the Word
Update

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org