Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Default Mail Merging an Access Database to a Table

I have an Access Database that I'm using as my data source in order to merge
the data to a table in Word 2003. When I complete the merge I get a brand
new table for each record that I would like to have merge.

Is there a way to tell word to merge the next record to the row below? I
dont want to end up with 50 different tables for each record.

Please HELP!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I assume that you are using a Directory type mail merge main document for
this. At least that is what you should be using and in that document, you
should have a one row table in the cells of which you insert the merge
fields and the must be nothing else in the document other than the empty
paragraph mark that will follow the table. If that is how you have the main
document set up, when you execute the merge to a new document, that document
will contain a table with a row of data for each record in the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Marilyn" wrote in message
I have an Access Database that I'm using as my data source in order to
merge
the data to a table in Word 2003. When I complete the merge I get a brand
new table for each record that I would like to have merge.

Is there a way to tell word to merge the next record to the row below? I
dont want to end up with 50 different tables for each record.

Please HELP!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marilyn Marilyn is offline

Doug,

My word document is 68 pages long and I have merge fields throughout the
document including the table that I would like to use to populate the merge
fields to.

By your answer I'm assuming I will not be able to use the "Directory"
feature in the table within the document. Is there another way I can have
the merge fields populate within each row of the table?

Thanks,

"Marilyn" wrote in message
I have an Access Database that I'm using as my data source in order to
merge
the data to a table in Word 2003. When I complete the merge I get a brand
new table for each record that I would like to have merge.

Is there a way to tell word to merge the next record to the row below? I
dont want to end up with 50 different tables for each record.

Please HELP!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sounds like you are probably trying to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the
ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm