Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] macdonb@gmail.com is offline

Default "New page" section break causing hidden blank page

Worked like a charm:

For each affected section, look in the Page Number Format dialog box. Make
sure that "Continue from previous section" is selected (and not "Start
at").

On Friday, 4 June 2010 18:29:04 UTC+1, Stefan Blom wrote:
I'm glad I could help!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"KMM" wrote in message
Thank you, thank you!

Sorry, I missed your post earlier and just saw the one below.

It worked like a charm! But, of course, you knew it would!

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

For each affected section, look in the Page Number Format dialog box. Make
sure
that "Continue from previous section" is selected (and not "Start at").

To display the dialog box: In Word 2007, double-click a header to activate
it.
Then click Header & Footer Tools tab | Page Number | Format Page Numbers. If
you
are using Word 97-2003, click the Format Page Number button on the Header and
Footer toolbar.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"KMM" wrote in message
news Okay. But I don't have any page numbers in the document. I only see the
ones
in the Word "frame" that are showing for any Word document. How would that
be
formatted? I thought that was just Word keeping track of how many pages are
in the doc. How do I get rid of that blank 4th and blank 6th page that I
can't get to?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

The "issue" is caused by the page numbers being formatted to start at 1
rather than continue from the previous section.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"KMM" wrote in message
I pulled the first part, where I've having the problem and put it on
Dropio.com. You can see it here. The whole doc is 93 pages, but the
problem
is just he "hidden" page 4 and page 6. I left the table that follows the
section after page 6 in case that is important, but deleted the info in
it
because it was full of people's names and emails. The reason for the
section
breaks in nearly all my cases is change in header. These pages are
appendices
for a report.

http://drop.io/WordHelp

Thanks.

"KMM" wrote:

I have a few section breaks that are causing hidden blank pages. I've
triple
checked that these breaks are marked as next page (it even says it in
parentheses next to the section break mark). I've also gone to the
following
section and looked on the layout tab and it says "next page". Can
anyone
tell
me why? I tried just putting a new section break in, but it went from
page 3
to 5 also. It has happed 3 times in my document. The other 8 sections
breaks
seem to be fine.

THanks!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, it's been a number of years, but I'm still glad I could help. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

The "issue" is caused by the page numbers being formatted to start
at 1
rather than continue from the previous section.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my

"KMM" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] anna@branka.design is offline

"KMM" wrote:

I have a few section breaks that are causing hidden blank pages. I've
triple
checked that these breaks are marked as next page (it even says it in
parentheses next to the section break mark). I've also gone to the
following
section and looked on the layout tab and it says "next page". Can anyone
tell
me why? I tried just putting a new section break in, but it went from
page 3
to 5 also. It has happed 3 times in my document. The other 8 sections
breaks
seem to be fine.

THanks!

This worked for me! Thank you so much! I went into "Insert Page Number Format Page Numbers" and clicked on "Continue from Previous Section" for the page before and after the section break. Now, the total number count is showing the CORRECT number of pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] saar.levinson@gmail.com is offline

It didn't work for me. I have the same problem - when I print and the next section is in portraite format everything is fine, but when I change it into landscape, it adds a blank page.