Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] kjstole@hotmail.com is offline

Default updated pages numbers in toc when emailed document

When I email a document to someone the page numbers revert to the first page
number in the TOC. I need to know if there is a way to have the formatting
retained during emailing of the document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

You don't mention which version you are using.
I believe this is a known issue of 2000 and possibly 2003 and could be
because the document is either saved in Reading Layout or opened in this
view. Try saving in another view (ie. Print Layout). To ensure the view is
maintained, change view, do a small edit, such as adding a space, save,
delete edit, save. Then try sending again. Is the recipient opening the
document within the Reading Layout view?

Hope this helps
DeanH

" wrote:

When I email a document to someone the page numbers revert to the first page
number in the TOC. I need to know if there is a way to have the formatting
retained during emailing of the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

This is a known problem when the document is opened in Reading Layout view.
There is really nothing you can do on your end except make suggestions. You
can suggest that:

1. The recipient save the document to the hard drive before opening it
(instead of opening the attachment directly). This will result in the
document's being opened in the view in which you saved it, preserving the
TOC entries intact.

2. The recipient disable Reading Layout view (Tools | Options | General. If
the recipient routinely opens documents directly from attachments, he/she
may thank you for the information on how to do this.

3. The recipient immediately switch to Print Layout view, select the TOC,
and press F9 to update it.

" wrote
in message ...