help im a student S.A. 's to wright?!

Default my spelling and grammar check does not work?

when i type a word i know is spelt incorrectly my computer does not underline
it in red or grenn, i have turned off all the setting that you do to turn
spelling and grammar check off and i have turned it back on agian and it
still doesnt work, please one of you brainey people help me i have lost of
essays to right for my exams and i keep missing all the typing errors i make.
Charles Kenyon

It is likely that the words not being checked are formatted for no proofing.

Open one of the documents and press Shift-F1. Then click on one of the
misspelled words. Word will display the formatting applied to that Word (and
the source of the formatting).

If it says "no proofing" or "do not check spelling and grammar" you need to
modify the language setting. Select your entire document (Ctrl-A) and use
Tools Language to change the setting.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.