Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Brenda A. Reid Brenda A. Reid is offline

Default Row and Column Indicators

WordPerfect has "Row and Column Indicators" that you can turn on that
simulates a spreadsheet look so that you can easily read the cell
coordinates.

Does Word have anything similar? In a long table it is hard to know what
cells are which.

Brenda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Despite frequent requests, Word does not have these and probably never will
(we're told the problem is the complexity of nested tables, merged and split
cells, etc.). But see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...eIncorrect.htm and
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htm

"Brenda A. Reid" wrote in message
WordPerfect has "Row and Column Indicators" that you can turn on that
simulates a spreadsheet look so that you can easily read the cell
coordinates.

Does Word have anything similar? In a long table it is hard to know what
cells are which.

Brenda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DP DP is offline

Suzanne:
I wrote to a magazine "Wordtips" back in '03 and did receive a macro to get
cell reference for word 2000 - there is the following disclaimer but I dont
understand if I can pass it on or not.
SHARING THIS INFORMATION * SHARING THIS INFORMATION
anyone can take advantage of it.

The Word-formatted WordTips cannot be distributed to others in any shape or
form. Doing so is a violation of applicable copyright laws.

We appreciate those who honor our copyright, and especially appreciate those
who report violations of our copyright to us.

------------

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Despite frequent requests, Word does not have these and probably never will
(we're told the problem is the complexity of nested tables, merged and split
cells, etc.). But see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...eIncorrect.htm and
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htm

"Brenda A. Reid" wrote in message
WordPerfect has "Row and Column Indicators" that you can turn on that
simulates a spreadsheet look so that you can easily read the cell
coordinates.

Does Word have anything similar? In a long table it is hard to know what
cells are which.

Brenda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Almost certainly the macro published in WordTips is derived from the one
offered by MS and linked from
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...eIncorrect.htm. I've about given
up submitting information to WordTips because I resent having my free
contributions covered by someone else's copyright.

"dp" wrote in message
Suzanne:
I wrote to a magazine "Wordtips" back in '03 and did receive a macro to

get
cell reference for word 2000 - there is the following disclaimer but I

dont
understand if I can pass it on or not.
SHARING THIS INFORMATION * SHARING THIS INFORMATION
Remember that WordTips is copyrighted, in its entirety (see the

information
provided later in this file). That being said, permission is granted to
circulate the originally formatted WordTips (the text file versions) to
others, providing that 1) the files are not changed, and 2) NO FEE is
charged. We request you circulate no more than three files to any one

person.
After all, a subscription is free, and this CD-ROM is priced low enough

that

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Despite frequent requests, Word does not have these and probably never

will
(we're told the problem is the complexity of nested tables, merged and

split
cells, etc.). But see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...eIncorrect.htm and
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Brenda A. Reid" wrote in message
WordPerfect has "Row and Column Indicators" that you can turn on that
simulates a spreadsheet look so that you can easily read the cell
coordinates.

Does Word have anything similar? In a long table it is hard to know

what
cells are which.

Brenda

Margin indicators, how to get rid of ClaesG Microsoft Word Help 1 March 28th 07 09:40 PM
Margin indicators Iain Microsoft Word Help 3 June 12th 06 04:15 PM
Margin Indicators? dpf22 Page Layout 1 December 26th 05 09:09 PM
Grey Indicators??? dpf22 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 26th 05 09:08 PM
How do I remove the margin indicators? Zerreth Page Layout 1 December 7th 04 01:48 AM