Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret

Default How do I cancel sending an email from Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Click on FileSend again. It toggles off the email header pane.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joheben

NO, that does not work like that. I am using Word 2003. I have not configured
an email account (will NOT use Outlook for email), if that makes a dfference.

Any other idea how to get rid of the stupid email headers from a Word
document?
I have done extensive searching, but find no clue. I blame Microsoft for
this silly characteristic of Word.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" skrev:

Click on FileSend again. It toggles off the email header pane.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can actually send files from Word using any email client. To remove the
mail headers from a document, either do what Doug said (it *does* work) or
click the E-mail button on the Standard toolbar to toggle them off.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" skrev:

Click on FileSend again. It toggles off the email header pane.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"You can actually send files from Word using any email client. " Not with
Lotus Notes as the damned mail program. You have to create a message in
Notes to which you attach the file.

--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can actually send files from Word using any email client. To remove
the
mail headers from a document, either do what Doug said (it *does* work) or
click the E-mail button on the Standard toolbar to toggle them off.

so
all may benefit.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" skrev:

Click on FileSend again. It toggles off the email header pane.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I guess I should have said, "You can send files from Word using OE." That's
my total experience. g

"You can actually send files from Word using any email client. " Not with
Lotus Notes as the damned mail program. You have to create a message in
Notes to which you attach the file.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can actually send files from Word using any email client. To remove
the
mail headers from a document, either do what Doug said (it *does* work)

or
click the E-mail button on the Standard toolbar to toggle them off.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" skrev:

Click on FileSend again. It toggles off the email header pane.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joheben

Suzanne,

Your response is unhelpful. Saying "it *does* work" does not help at all. As
you might imagine, I tried it before posting. And you certainly have not
tried it on my computer.

On my computer, both variants of "Send to ... via email" fail with different
error messages. "Sending as email attachment" informs me that I need to
login to Exchange. I have MAPI properly configured to point to my
non-Microsoft email client. Consulting Word 2003 help, it says I must
configure an email account *in Microsoft Outlook* in order to send email from
Word 2003. Silly. I believe Microsoft is aware of MAPI, so why not use it to
fire up my email client instead of this dysfunctional email form?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" skrev:

You can actually send files from Word using any email client.

I see absolutely no point in doing so. Simple document transfer I do using
professional file transfer tools or portals, not email. Now, I have
accidentally clicked the email icon and there seems to be no way back without
abandoning the document.

To remove the
mail headers from a document, either do what Doug said (it *does* work) or
click the E-mail button on the Standard toolbar to toggle them off.

And this so does not work either (I tried it).

Obviously, I can start over with a completely new document without the
emailing form, and then copy the contents to the new document. I can also
customize Word to remove the email icon, so that this will not happen again.
That is going to be the solution.

- Johan E. Bengtsson

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" skrev:

Click on FileSend again. It toggles off the email header pane.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I guess we must be talking about different things then. Are you seeing an
email header on your document? That is, does the document have To:, Cc:,
Subject:, etc., fields at the top? If so, then this is toggled on and off
with the E-mail button or the menu command Doug mentioned.

When I use File | Send To | Mail Recipient (As Attachment), Word opens an
Outlook Express message with the document attached. You say this doesn't
work for you, and I have to believe you, but I believe you are also saying
you don't want to email from Word, anyway, since you use FTP to send files,
so the only question is how to remove the email header, and the steps we've
described do usually work for most users.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" skrev:

[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" skrev:

Click on FileSend again. It toggles off the email header pane.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of

my