Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guilherme Loretti

Default Mail Merge to New Document

Is there somehow a way to merge the records to individual new documents
instead of merging to a single one with many pages?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Guilherme Loretti" wrote in
message ...
Is there somehow a way to merge the records to individual new documents
instead of merging to a single one with many pages?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DebraH DebraH is offline

Help!! I downloaded the macro and thought I followed the instructions pretty
carefully. The macro never launches, although I can see the template as
attached to my merge document. However, I do not see the macro items in the
organizer.
--
Debra H

"Guilherme Loretti" wrote:

Is there somehow a way to merge the records to individual new documents
instead of merging to a single one with many pages?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Would you be talking about the add-in at
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm ?
This must be installed in the Word startup folder - as defined at tools
file locations startup. It then should be listed and checked in tools
templates & add-ins, when you next start Word. That being the case it
activates automatically when you merge to a new document. Re-read the page!

DebraH wrote:
Help!! I downloaded the macro and thought I followed the
instructions pretty carefully. The macro never launches, although I
can see the template as attached to my merge document. However, I do
not see the macro items in the organizer.

Is there somehow a way to merge the records to individual new
documents instead of merging to a single one with many pages?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DebraH DebraH is offline

Hi Graham.

Thanks for the prompt response. I am a firm believer in RIF (Reading is
Fundamental). I read the page before I posted. The template is in my word
startup folder, it shows as an attached template in my merge(setup) document.
I checked to make sure the security is low enough to allow the macros to
run. As I said, the macros do not launch. The only other thing I noticed is
that in the organizer that the template is not available in the dropdown and
the macros do not appear. Suggestions.
--
Debra H

DebraH wrote:
Help!! I downloaded the macro and thought I followed the
instructions pretty carefully. The macro never launches, although I
can see the template as attached to my merge document. However, I do
not see the macro items in the organizer.

Is there somehow a way to merge the records to individual new
documents instead of merging to a single one with many pages?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This add-in only works with Word 2002 and 2003

From tools options security macro security - set the security level to
Medium - not Low!

Click the trusted publishers tab and ensure there is a check in the box
adjacent to the 'trust all installed add-ins and templates' entry.

There is an issue of terminology here that is confusing the issue. eg
'attached template'?

If you open Word and select tools templates and add-ins - the attached
template is the 'Document template' at the top of the window. The bottom of
the window has a panel that lists the addins loaded from the startup folder.
MMtoDocsRev19.dot should be listed here and have a check in the box adjacent
to show that it is active. If it is not there, it isn't stored in the
correct folder. The correct folder is listed at tools options file
locations startup.

The macros will not be listed in the organizer unless you spefically load
that template into the organizer. They will however be listed in the
available macros list - tools macros macro - in the 'macros in' box
select the template name to list only those macros. Obviously if the
template isn't installed they will not be present.

DebraH wrote:
Help!! I downloaded the macro and thought I followed the
instructions pretty carefully. The macro never launches, although I
can see the template as attached to my merge document. However, I
do not see the macro items in the organizer.

Is there somehow a way to merge the records to individual new
documents instead of merging to a single one with many pages?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make sure that you start Word:

1. From the Start menu
2. Not by clicking on a document in Windows Explorer
3 Before you start Outlook if you are using Word as the editor in
Outlook.