LB

Default When opening a 2000 to 2003 doc I get a corruption error

I'm trying to open a 2000 word doc in 2003. I keep getting a "possible
correuption" error and to do a restore and fix to it. Although following
those directions, the options are not available to select the fix and restore
in 2003. I've been able to open the doc in word pad, but it is lined out
through the entire doc.
Any help would be appreciated.
Doug Robbins

When trying to open the document, have you (after selecting the document in
the FileOpen dialog), used the Pull-down on Open to select the Open and
Repair item?

See the article "How can I recover a corrupt document or template - and why
did

it become corrupt?" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"LB" wrote in message
I'm trying to open a 2000 word doc in 2003. I keep getting a "possible
correuption" error and to do a restore and fix to it. Although following
those directions, the options are not available to select the fix and
restore
in 2003. I've been able to open the doc in word pad, but it is lined out
through the entire doc.
Any help would be appreciated.

LB

"LB" wrote in message
I'm trying to open a 2000 word doc in 2003. I keep getting a "possible
correuption" error and to do a restore and fix to it. Although following
those directions, the options are not available to select the fix and
restore
in 2003. I've been able to open the doc in word pad, but it is lined out
through the entire doc.
Any help would be appreciated.

I attempted the process you described before I posted. The issue I'm having is that there is no option from OPEN - that says repair item.

Beth Melton

In Word 2003 are you selecting the file in the Open dialog, do not
double-click to open, then clicking the arrow next to the Open command
button?

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word