Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zmusashi Zmusashi is offline

Default SOS! Stop blue underlining asking if I want to stop each autocorre

Hi! i am frustrated by the (new to me and new to 2004) blue underlining Word
automatically provides me each tijme it autocorrects something, asking me if
i want to continue allowing Word to autocorrect each single thing or not! If
I didn't want it autocorrected, I would remove it from the autocorrect list!
It's annoying and unnecessary and distracting.
Thanks for any assistance
Fenton
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Not sure whether this applies to Mac, but in Word 2003, you can go to Tools
| AutoCorrect Options and clear the check box for "Show AutoCorrect Options
button."

"Zmusashi" wrote in message
Hi! i am frustrated by the (new to me and new to 2004) blue underlining

Word
automatically provides me each tijme it autocorrects something, asking me

if
i want to continue allowing Word to autocorrect each single thing or not!

If
I didn't want it autocorrected, I would remove it from the autocorrect

list!
It's annoying and unnecessary and distracting.
Thanks for any assistance
Fenton

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Sorry, but that's one setting that apparently got left out of 2004. You can
turn off the Paste Options button, but the AutoCorrect Options button -
well, you'll just have to learn to ignore it. As you continue to type it
goes away... It isn't as hard to get used to as you might think.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/9/06 1:42 PM, in article
, "Zmusashi"
wrote:

Hi! i am frustrated by the (new to me and new to 2004) blue underlining Word
automatically provides me each tijme it autocorrects something, asking me if
i want to continue allowing Word to autocorrect each single thing or not! If
I didn't want it autocorrected, I would remove it from the autocorrect list!
It's annoying and unnecessary and distracting.
Thanks for any assistance
Fenton

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Side note:

It doesn't always matter whether you are using Word on a Mac or Windows, but
see here for Google/Entourage gateway to newsgroups for MacWord, MacExcel,
and other MS programs for the Mac, if necessary in future.
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

You can use Help | Send Feedback in Word to let them know you'd like a way
to turn this off.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zmusashi Zmusashi is offline

Default SOS! Stop blue underlining asking if I want to stop each autoc

Thanks a lot. I'll live with it. It is amazing what the WORD program can
do, anyway. Maybe that can
be a removable feature in the future.