Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rutabaga Rutabaga is offline

Default Lower case, upper case mish mash in Headings-based bookmarks

Hi All,

I'm using Word 2003. I have a doc with hyperlinks on the top linked to
headings in the document (based on Heading 1 headings). The text of the
links themselves are in all caps (this may have been done by someone prior to
me). And the headings in the doc are also all caps. But when I edit the
hyperlinks (using Link to: Place in This Document), the list of the Headings
shows some in all caps, some in all lower case, etc.

I "own" this doc at work, and others will use it as a template of sorts, and
they will see the different cases when editing hyperlinks. At the least, it
looks unprofessional; I'm also concerned about formatting quirks popping up
in the future once people start making their modifications to the doc.
Anyone know what I'm talking about here? ...Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

It sounds like someone used the All Caps format as an attempt to correct the
case. I'd use the Change Case command (found under the Format menu) to
permanently convert the characters to the correct case and remove the "All
Caps" format from the heading styles to prevent this from happening in the
future. IOW, if you want all caps then it should be typed in all caps.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word