Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dennyzipzip dennyzipzip is offline

Default buttons in Word ribbon

I have Office 2007 with Word 2007. I have the Home/Student edition. In Word
the cut, copy, paste, e-mail buttons as well as others are grayed out. How do
you use them? Too many are like this rendering it virtually useless. My
computer says the M.O. 2007 is activated fully. I don't have Outlook Express.
I am new to this! What gives? Appreciate any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It could be that the matter is rather basic :-)

In no version are the Cut & Copy buttons active unless you have something
*selected* in order to cut or copy it. If nothing has been copied or cut
there's nothing to be pasted so the Paste button won't be active.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/12/08 10:40 PM, in article