Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default table and caption inside a FRAME

I have difficulty managing the tables/charts and their captions in word.
What is the best way? I have asked this before and get some input.
In a colleague's work (I have no access to him now) I saw he creates frames,
and put table and its caption inside it. This looks easy to do/understand. I
can't find the "FRAME" (I am not sure with exact phrase) or the border to put
charts and captions.
Your comments will be highly appreciated.

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When MS introduced text boxes, they were supposed to replace frames, and so
frames were made harder to find. Unfortunately, text boxes are not
appropriate for a lot of the applications for which frames can be used. You
can find an Insert Frame button on the Forms toolbar. If you find it useful,
you can add the button to any other toolbar, or you can add Frame back to
the Insert menu.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I have difficulty managing the tables/charts and their captions in word.
What is the best way? I have asked this before and get some input.
In a colleague's work (I have no access to him now) I saw he creates

frames,
and put table and its caption inside it. This looks easy to do/understand.

can't find the "FRAME" (I am not sure with exact phrase) or the border to

put
charts and captions.
Your comments will be highly appreciated.

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

One negative point I find with text box, is that it doesn't match very well
with reference numbers for captions of tables or figures. I hope frame will
not have same problem.
Also working with jpg figures inside word for moving around is really a
nightmare for me.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word cannot "see" captions in text boxes for purposes of cross-references of
a Table of Figures. That's why frames are recommended--but only if you need
to wrap text around the figure/table and caption. If they can be part of the
text flow, it is much better to leave them In Line With Text.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When MS introduced text boxes, they were supposed to replace frames, and

so
frames were made harder to find. Unfortunately, text boxes are not
appropriate for a lot of the applications for which frames can be used.

You
can find an Insert Frame button on the Forms toolbar. If you find it

useful,
you can add the button to any other toolbar, or you can add Frame back

the Insert menu.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I have difficulty managing the tables/charts and their captions in

word.
What is the best way? I have asked this before and get some input.
In a colleague's work (I have no access to him now) I saw he creates

frames,
and put table and its caption inside it. This looks easy to

do/understand.
can't find the "FRAME" (I am not sure with exact phrase) or the border

put
charts and captions.
Your comments will be highly appreciated.

--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Link text (eg. "See Table 5") to table caption number in Word? gadamson1 Microsoft Word Help 2 May 7th 23 08:52 PM
caption in a table cell janh Tables 8 April 11th 06 06:40 PM
Insert of (Figure and Table) caption not picking up chapter number bvuk Microsoft Word Help 2 May 8th 05 03:44 PM
Table headers/footers and layout Keith Page Layout 1 April 8th 05 07:37 PM
table caption numbering scottkinsey Tables 1 November 11th 04 12:47 PM