Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tmusicus tmusicus is offline

Default How to keep the right column from adjusting as I type in th left?

I am writing lesson plans using two columns. the columns seem to be
connected - when I type in the left column, especially, when to go to another
line, the left column adjusts likewise, completely ruining the placement of
what I have in the left column. How do I keep that from happening? I'd like
the words in the left column to stay where I originally type them.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I think there is a little confusion in your use of left and right (my guess
is that at least one of you "left" should have been "right"). Have you used
ordinary columns? In that case, text is supposed to flow from one column to
the next (left to right). You could insert your data in 2-column tables
instead of ordinary columns.

If you create only a single table with 2 columns and 1 row and insert all
data in that table, the row can continue from page to page, still keeping
left- and right-column data separated. If the row stops at the bottom of the
first page even if you insert more data, select Table Table Properties
Row tab and turn on the "Allow row to break across pages" check button.

If you need information about working with tables, see the articles at:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...ableBasics.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)