Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Francis Hookham Francis Hookham is offline

Default Moving Word images

No one picked this up last week - will anyone now?

In orde to freely move images in a Word page I have to:
'Format Object.'
select a 'Wrapping style'
go to 'Advanced.'
and un-tick the 'Move object with text' option

Apart from writing a macro (now not possible with 2008!) is there a way of
defaulting Word so that a pasted/dragged in image is not tied to the text?

(I am talking about something which will work for all versions of Word from
2000, Windows and Mac.)

Francis Hookham

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In Word 2002 and above, you can select the default wrapping style for
inserted/pasted pictures on the Edit tab of Tools | Options (or equivalent
in Word 2007). There is no such option in Word 2000, in which all pictures
are inserted/pasted In Line With Text.