Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jprince Jprince is offline

Default Third level bullet style corrupts other styles

In my MS Word 2003 template, I have created bullets that are to be used in
tables. (The text in my tables is one point smaller than regular body text.)
I used Shauna Kellys excellent instructions €˜How to control bullets in
Microsoft.

I have created three levels of bullets and they look great, but other styles
(headers, footers and cover page text) have suddenly become corrupted.

The corruption is consistent: The corrupted styles have all been formatted
with my third level table bullet style. They use the same bullet and are
indented by the same amount as the third level table bullet style. When I
remove the third level bullet, the corruption goes away.

Any idea on what is causing the problem and how I can fix it?

Thanks,
Jean
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Have you created the entire list as an outline list? See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html and
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html

"Jprince" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jprince Jprince is offline

I followed the instructions in Step 3 of 'How to control bullets in Microsoft
Word' in

http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html

It says to select the Outline Numbered tab, which I did. I could have made a
mistake somewhere during the set up, although I did try to be careful and
follow Shauna's instructions.

Thanks,
Jean

"Jprince" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jprince Jprince is offline

Actually, I did two things differently:

[] On the Outline Numbered tab, I chose the second pane from the right in
the bottom row. But I never deviated from it when editing the style.
[] I only did three levels of bullets, not five.

Has this poisoned my bullet styles?

Thanks,
Jean

"Jprince" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you need only three levels of bullets, it shouldn't matter that you've
customized/linked only three levels. How are you applying the bullets? Are
you applying the styles and/or using Promote/Demote?

"Jprince" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jprince Jprince is offline

I only ever apply bullet styles to text.

I think the answer is to delete the styles and start over. It's probably the
safest thing to do when bullets or numbered steps become corrupted.

Just as long as Word is not balking at having bullets in tables, which,
judging from the responses to my post, it does not.

Thanks very much for your help.
Jean