Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
edo_nick edo_nick is offline

Default Top margin vs First Line "At" position

I created DOC document in Word 2003. Whole document is one section. I set top
margin to 1.5 cm but first line At shows 1.4 cm. I have red some information
about rounding 0.5 point but 1 mm is too much for rounding. But this is not
enough. On even pages first line At shows 1.7 cm and text have approximately
1 line offset. I have set different headers for even and odd pages but there
is not possibility to set different distance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
edo_nick[_2_] edo_nick[_2_] is offline

I found solution.
Document has 2 sections.
There was offset of first line of even pages in second section.
I set different header/footer to have different alignment of page numbers in
footer.
But header for even and odd pages is the same.
I found that header on odd pages has set "Same as previous" but not even
pages (I think there was no reason because first section has not even page -
it is just title page).
Setting header property "Same as previous" on even pages is enough and work
is done.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

What often happens in headers and footers is that you paste content from one
to another. No matter how carefully you copy the content excluding the
paragraph mark and paste over the existing paragraph mark, Word will still
give you an extra, empty paragraph. Unless you have nonprinting characters
displayed, you may not notice this, and the header/footer will be oversized
for no apparent reason.