Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Brian Gibson Brian Gibson is offline

Default Two column layout

I have a translated text: German to English. What do I need to do to setup a
two column layout that always has German on the left and english on the right
with the two text "mirrored?"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Matt L in Raleigh[_2_] Matt L in Raleigh[_2_] is offline

I'm trying to do the same thing. Continuous text on each side, not wrapped
side to side.

You can also do this by doing two column breaks after the first column, but
the problem with my situation is that I am using an outline one the left
column and it wants to continue the outline to the right column which is not
part of the outline (it's pictures).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The only practical approach to this is a two-column (borderless) table.
Start a new row for each paragraph--or at least every time you want to align
the two texts.

"Brian Gibson" wrote in message
I have a translated text: German to English. What do I need to do to setup
two column layout that always has German on the left and english on the
right
with the two text "mirrored?"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You need to apply an outline numbered style to the left column and a body
text style to the right column. Don't try to use Normal for everything and
apply numbering to it.

"Matt L in Raleigh" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The only practical approach to this is a two-column (borderless) table.
Start a new row for each paragraph--or at least every time you want to
align
the two texts.

"Brian Gibson" wrote in message
I have a translated text: German to English. What do I need to do to
setup
two column layout that always has German on the left and english on the
right
with the two text "mirrored?"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
No Name

I found this to be the most effective for my situation:
Flow text side-by-side with linked text boxes
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...895661033.aspx