Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dbc dbc is offline

Default need to reveal codes at bottom of the page like in wordperfect

I like to type with reveal codes at the bottom of the page as I used to in
wordperfect. It shows a separate page with all that I have typed at the top
but with all the hidden codes.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"dbc" wrote:

I like to type with reveal codes at the bottom of the page as I used to in
wordperfect. It shows a separate page with all that I have typed at the top
but with all the hidden codes.
Thanks

No can do... Word is conceptually totally different from Word Perfect.

For a general discussion on those differences, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/WordVsWordPerfect.htm
For help on making the transition from Word Perfect, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/RevealCodes.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 09:11:01 -0700, dbc wrote:

I like to type with reveal codes at the bottom of the page as I used to in
wordperfect. It shows a separate page with all that I have typed at the top
but with all the hidden codes.
Thanks

Word doesn't have that capability by itself -- primarily because Word doesn't
use codes like WordPerfect's.

There is a third-party product, CrossEyes, that forces a reveal-codes pane by
reinterpreting the document structure. Visit
http://www.levitjames.com/crosseyes/CrossEyes.html and decide for yourself
whether the feature is worth the extra cost.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman