Deb Kleb

Default space between subheading and first line of text

Why is there a space between a subheading and the first line of text in some
paragraphs and not others. I've compared the paragraphs and Word says
they're the same. But they're not! There is no return mark -- I can't see
the reason and I've tried everything I know. Any help, please...
Stefan Blom

In FormatParagraph, Indents and Spacing tab, verify that the settings
for Spacing After, Spacing Before, and Line Spacing is what you want
for both the heading and the first paragraph below it.

Another thing to check is that Vertical Alignment is set to "Top" (in
FilePage Setup, Layout tab).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Deb Kleb" wrote in message
news
Why is there a space between a subheading and the first line of text
in some
paragraphs and not others. I've compared the paragraphs and Word
says
they're the same. But they're not! There is no return mark -- I
can't see
the reason and I've tried everything I know. Any help, please...

Stefan Blom

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

In FormatParagraph, Indents and Spacing tab, verify that the

settings
for Spacing After, Spacing Before, and Line Spacing is what you

want
for both the heading and the first paragraph below it.

Another thing to check is that Vertical Alignment is set to "Top"

(in
FilePage Setup, Layout tab).

--
Stefan Blom