Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Confused Hillbilly Confused Hillbilly is offline

Default Word"has insufficient memory" etc.

Created a one page, 256 wrd doc w/indents and rearranged items. Printed OK.
Tried to save. Error msg 1: "Word has insufficient memory. Do you want to
save doc as rescued doc?" Tried yes - resulting in "Word cannot save or
create this file. Make sure disk is OK etc.." There is more than 50 gig
available on hard drive.

Tried to open a new word doc with one or two words, then save. Result: see
same msgs in 1st paragraph. Now I can't use Word at all. Be glad to retype
new 1st doc if I can clear the wreckage.

My heartfelt thanks to whichever (or is it Whoever?) Guru can get me out of
this mess.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Q29uZnVzZWQgSGlsbGJpbGx5?=,

Which version of Word?

Created a one page, 256 wrd doc w/indents and rearranged items. Printed OK.
Tried to save. Error msg 1: "Word has insufficient memory. Do you want to
save doc as rescued doc?" Tried yes - resulting in "Word cannot save or
create this file. Make sure disk is OK etc.." There is more than 50 gig
available on hard drive.

Tried to open a new word doc with one or two words, then save. Result: see
same msgs in 1st paragraph. Now I can't use Word at all. Be glad to retype
new 1st doc if I can clear the wreckage.

My heartfelt thanks to whichever (or is it Whoever?) Guru can get me out of
this mess.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Confused Hillbilly[_2_] Confused Hillbilly[_2_] is offline

MS home/student 2003, running in Vista Premium, all updates. Went back in
Restore about a week - maybe not far enough?? I am not educated enough to
understand your line following "Hi=?" Thanks for response. CH

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?Q29uZnVzZWQgSGlsbGJpbGx5?=,

Which version of Word?

Created a one page, 256 wrd doc w/indents and rearranged items. Printed OK.
Tried to save. Error msg 1: "Word has insufficient memory. Do you want to
save doc as rescued doc?" Tried yes - resulting in "Word cannot save or
create this file. Make sure disk is OK etc.." There is more than 50 gig
available on hard drive.

Tried to open a new word doc with one or two words, then save. Result: see
same msgs in 1st paragraph. Now I can't use Word at all. Be glad to retype
new 1st doc if I can clear the wreckage.

My heartfelt thanks to whichever (or is it Whoever?) Guru can get me out of
this mess.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

If you hold down the CTRL when clicking the Word icon, that should start Word in
"Safe Mode". Are you able to open and work with a new document while in Safe Mode?

If you still see the same problem, try re-booting Vista. Possibly, if you use the
Vista "Sleep" mode as often as I do, something is blocking memory Word needs.
Rebooting could free that up.