Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MKG MKG is offline

Default Listnum font won't change

Word 2003, Windows XP, SP3.

I created a fairly simple document in word. It's set up as a table,
includes the word Exhibit in each cell and I inserted a Listnum field in each
cell. So basically Exhibit X is in every cell of the table.

The user for whom I created it now wants to change the font. She is able to
change the font of the word Exhibit, but the listnum fields do not update.

In a new document I verified that this normally works. I tried taking the
text out of the table to see if that was the problem but it was not. There's
just nothing very complicated about this document so I have no idea why these
listnum fields won't change!

Please let me know if you have any ideas why this would be the case. AND if
you have any better suggestions for numbering. It just needs to be a single
number, 1-whatever. I don't recall why I chose Listnum, but it's worked well
enough up to now.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TUtH?=,

The user for whom I created it now wants to change the font. She is able to
change the font of the word Exhibit, but the listnum fields do not update.

In a new document I verified that this normally works. I tried taking the
text out of the table to see if that was the problem but it was not. There's
just nothing very complicated about this document so I have no idea why these
listnum fields won't change!

Are they linked to a Numbering style which itself is linked to a classic Style?
The thought being that the font formatting is filter through the style.

Another thought: is there a \* MergeFormat switch in the ListNum field? If yes,
try changing that to \* CharFormat, force a field update (F9) and see if that
makes a difference.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

LISTNUM Sandra Microsoft Word Help 1 September 18th 07 09:20 AM
LISTNUM Peter K[_2_] Page Layout 2 August 7th 07 02:04 PM
LISTNUM Darlene Microsoft Word Help 1 June 10th 06 09:37 PM
Why does the entire document change font when I change one word? cerise Microsoft Word Help 1 April 2nd 06 12:06 PM
How do I change the line numbers font to match text font? Joanne Microsoft Word Help 4 October 24th 05 07:11 PM