SylvanElec

Default Referencing form fields within "IF" fields

I am creating a form in an attempt to make a user friendly way to fill
out something we currently type on the IBM Selectric. The problem is
this: if one text form field has a particular phrase in it, I need to
include about three more pages of text. I have those pages set up as a
seperate file, and know I can use an "INCLUDETEXT" field to attach it
to the main document. Where I have the problem though, is getting the
document to trigger the "INCLUDETEXT" only if the text form field
contains the proper phrase. I've tried using an "IF" field to do it,
but cannot get Word to recognize the contents of any text form field. I
even attempted to simply add a checkbox to decide whether or not to
include the additional pages, but the "IF" field will not recognize
whether the box is checked or not. I'm sure the problem lies in how I
am wording the "IF" statement, but all of Word's examples refer to a
Merged file, which I am actively avoiding due to the length of the
form. Please help!

--
SylvanElec
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi SylvanElec,

Unfortunately, you don't show us how you've tried to use the IF field
(the condition you're testing). This should work by using a REF field to
check the content of the form field. You REF on the form field's name.

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org