Garbo213

Default Default Word Processor

How can I change my default word processor back to Word? For some reason,
when I click on my files saved as Word documents, they open as Works
documents. In order to open a document in Word, I have to either right click
and click on "open with" or open the file after opening Word. It isn't a
major catastrophe, but it's just a little annoying, so any help would be
great.

Thanks!
Charles Kenyon

Start Run...
winword.exe /r

Then close Word and try double-clicking on a .doc file to see if it
succeeded.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Garbo213" wrote in message
How can I change my default word processor back to Word? For some reason,
when I click on my files saved as Word documents, they open as Works
documents. In order to open a document in Word, I have to either right
click
and click on "open with" or open the file after opening Word. It isn't a
major catastrophe, but it's just a little annoying, so any help would be
great.

Thanks!

Garbo213

Thanks for the advice, but I figured out a different way...
1. Right clicked on a file and went to properties
2. "General"
3. Opens with... "Change"
4. "Microsoft Word"
5. Clicked the box, "Always use the selected program to open this kind of
file"