ile

Default different page setup for sections

I'm writing my Master's Thesis with Word 2002 and I have 4 sections in the
document. I need to have mirror margins on the actual content and for some
reason I can't make different setup for each section. I've applied the page
setup to 'this section' and tried different section breaks, and yet Word
always applies the setup to whole document.

Many thanks for any ideas!
Stefan Blom

"Mirror margins" (Margins tab of FilePage Setup) always applies to an
entire document. But Word does allow you to specify *different* margin
values for different sections. In other words, for the sections where
you don't want mirror margins, you could simply specify an equal
amount for "Inside" and "Outside" margins.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ile" wrote in message
I'm writing my Master's Thesis with Word 2002 and I have 4 sections

in the
document. I need to have mirror margins on the actual content and

for some
reason I can't make different setup for each section. I've applied

the page
setup to 'this section' and tried different section breaks, and yet

Word
always applies the setup to whole document.

Many thanks for any ideas!

Stefan Blom

Clarification:

For the sections where you don't want the visual effect of mirror
margins, simply specify an equal amount for "Inside" and "Outside", on
the Margins tab of FilePage Setup.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ile" wrote in message
I'm writing my Master's Thesis with Word 2002 and I have 4

sections
in the
document. I need to have mirror margins on the actual content and

for some
reason I can't make different setup for each section. I've applied

the page
setup to 'this section' and tried different section breaks, and

yet
Word
always applies the setup to whole document.

Many thanks for any ideas!

Stefan Blom

And if you don't want text to be printed with even margins you can set
a negative indent for paragraphs (or paragraph styles) used in the
section that should not look as a mirror margin document: To make the
right margin look narrower, add a negative right indent. Conversely,
to create the appearance of a smaller left margin, add a negative left
indent.