Gingia

Default How do I setup a template for Avery 5366 file folder labels?

I've been attempting to setup a template to use Avery Labels for filing.
Sometimes you need one label, and sometimes more. I have found that I can't
navigate the way it is setup in the tools menu, and it will not save a
template for me to re-use. What am I doing wrong?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I setup a template for Avery 5366 file folder labels?

Setting up a template for Avery 5366 file folder labels in Microsoft Word is a straightforward process. Here are the steps to follow:
  1. Open a new document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Mailings" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Labels" in the "Create" section of the ribbon.
  4. In the "Labels" dialog box that appears, click on the "Options" button.
  5. In the "Label Options" dialog box, select "Avery US Letter" from the "Label vendors" dropdown menu.
  6. Scroll down the "Product Number" list and select "5366 - File Folder Labels".
  7. Click "OK" to close the "Label Options" dialog box.
  8. Back in the "Labels" dialog box, type the text you want to appear on the label in the "Address" box.
  9. If you want to add a picture or logo to the label, click on the "Insert Picture" button and select the image you want to use.
  10. Click "OK" to close the "Labels" dialog box.
  11. If you want to save the label as a template for future use, click on the "File" tab in the ribbon and select "Save As".
  12. In the "Save As" dialog box, select "Word Template" from the "Save as type" dropdown menu.
  13. Give your template a name and click "Save".

That's it! You should now have a template set up for Avery 5366 file folder labels that you can use whenever you need to print labels. If you need to print more than one label at a time, simply adjust the "Copies" setting in the "Print" dialog box before printing.
__________________
Jay Freedman

Gingia wrote:
I've been attempting to setup a template to use Avery Labels for
filing. Sometimes you need one label, and sometimes more. I have
found that I can't navigate the way it is setup in the tools menu,
and it will not save a template for me to re-use. What am I doing
wrong?

Open the Labels dialog. Select the 5366 stock number in the Options, leave
the address box empty, and click the New Document button. To save the
resulting document as a template, change the "Save as type" dropdown in the
File Save As dialog to "Word template (*.dot)".

If you don't see the edges of the labels, click Table Show Gridlines.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

felicia112 felicia112 is offline
Junior Member

Very good article, hope you can share more good articles on the forum. I'd like to introduce a new genre of game I've discovered. Slope game is a very interesting game for you to experience in your spare time.
lorde lorde is offline
Junior Member

File Save As dialog to "Word template (*.dot)" nyt wordle . If you don't see the edges of the labels, click Table Show Gridlines.