Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Philippe

Default Mail merge with addresses from Outlook 2003

Hello,

I am trying to do a mail merge using the data from Outlook. As I store all
my addresses there, they are not all relevant for this specific merge. All
addresses are classified using categories. However, I have not find the
option where I can filter by categories in the interface in Word.

Any idea?

Thanks

Philippe
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm
Filter the view in Outlook first.

Philippe wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to do a mail merge using the data from Outlook. As I
store all my addresses there, they are not all relevant for this
specific merge. All addresses are classified using categories.
However, I have not find the option where I can filter by categories
in the interface in Word.

Any idea?

Thanks

Philippe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Philippe

Well, I follow the steps, but Word would then merge only one label (one per
page), ignoring the other one on the page (even though I have «Next Record»
in the next record entry).

Philippe wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to do a mail merge using the data from Outlook. As I
store all my addresses there, they are not all relevant for this
specific merge. All addresses are classified using categories.
However, I have not find the option where I can filter by categories
in the interface in Word.

Any idea?

Thanks

Philippe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You have not completed the merge. You are viewing the merge source document.
Merge to a new document or the printer.

Philippe wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to do a mail merge using the data from Outlook. As I
store all my addresses there, they are not all relevant for this
specific merge. All addresses are classified using categories.
However, I have not find the option where I can filter by categories
in the interface in Word.

Any idea?

Thanks

Philippe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Philippe

Sure I have completed the merge. I have 24 stickers on a page. If I have more
than 24 addresses, it will create a new page, but it only displays the 1st
address on each page (I mean on the 1st page, it is merging with address 1,
on the second page, it is merging with address 25th, and so on)

Philippe wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to do a mail merge using the data from Outlook. As I
store all my addresses there, they are not all relevant for this
specific merge. All addresses are classified using categories.
However, I have not find the option where I can filter by categories
in the interface in Word.

Any idea?

Thanks

Philippe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Philippe

Actually, this was my mistake: the following labels where not configured
correctly.

I have another question: when I select address block, I use the function:
"Format address according to the destination country/region. However, it does
not format it correctly for Switzerland, as it put the ZIP code after the
City, whereas the correct format for Switzerland is to put the ZIP before the
City. Is this possible to change this in the config?

To avoid this problem, I tried to define the labels myself using individual
fields, but I could not setup a rule to display the country for all countries
but Switzerland.

Thanks

Philippe

Philippe wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to do a mail merge using the data from Outlook. As I
store all my addresses there, they are not all relevant for this
specific merge. All addresses are classified using categories.
However, I have not find the option where I can filter by categories
in the interface in Word.

Any idea?

Thanks

Philippe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You are correct to use individual fields, but it is easy enough to avoid
printing Switzerland by using a conditional field
{IF {Mergefield Country} "Switzerland" "{Mergefield Country}"} You can
enter this directly in your document in place of the Country field, using
CTRL+F9 for each field boundary pair. {}

Make the change to the first label in your source document and click the
propagate button on the mailmerge toolbar

Philippe wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to do a mail merge using the data from Outlook. As I
store all my addresses there, they are not all relevant for this
specific merge. All addresses are classified using categories.
However, I have not find the option where I can filter by
categories in the interface in Word.

Any idea?

Thanks

Philippe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Philippe

Thanks for your help. This has been very useful !
Best regards,
Philippe