Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pavel

Default Word overworks the processor permanently!

When Word opens a large document (1.5Mb) with many Equations, it makes the
processor busy for 100% as long as the file is open, even if I do nothing
with the document!
Is there a way to release the processor?

(Word2000, Windows2000)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGF2ZWw=?=,

When Word opens a large document (1.5Mb) with many Equations, it makes the
processor busy for 100% as long as the file is open, even if I do nothing
with the document!
Is there a way to release the processor?

(Word2000, Windows2000)

There could be two reasons for this

1. The equations are updating, and you simply have to wait until they finish.

2. More likely: the document's internal structures have been damaged. Try
this: start a new document and press Enter. Insert/File to bring in the
original document. Does this work without running up the processor?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pavel

Perhaps, you are right, Cindy. I mean your "reason 2".
I feel that the problem is connected with the SpellChecker: it checks
spelling endlessly! The indicator shows that this process has finished, but
the processor still works. When I turn the checker off, the processor gets
free. Can it also be connected with the damaged structure of the document?

When I insert the file into a new document as you suggested, the problem
REMAINS.

Thank you.
Pavel

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" пишет:

Hi ?B?UGF2ZWw=?=,

When Word opens a large document (1.5Mb) with many Equations, it makes the
processor busy for 100% as long as the file is open, even if I do nothing
with the document!
Is there a way to release the processor?

(Word2000, Windows2000)

There could be two reasons for this

1. The equations are updating, and you simply have to wait until they finish.

2. More likely: the document's internal structures have been damaged. Try
this: start a new document and press Enter. Insert/File to bring in the
original document. Does this work without running up the processor?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGF2ZWw=?=,

I feel that the problem is connected with the SpellChecker: it checks
spelling endlessly! The indicator shows that this process has finished, but
the processor still works. When I turn the checker off, the processor gets
free. Can it also be connected with the damaged structure of the document?

Definitely

When I insert the file into a new document as you suggested, the problem
REMAINS.

OK, here are a couple of variations on the theme

1. Select everything up to the last paragraph mark (Ctrl+A, Shift+Left Arrow).
Copy. Paste into a new document.

2. Save the file as a web page, to RTF format, to Word 6/95 format. Close. Now
open such a file then save as a Word document. Close. Open again. Do the
problems persist, or have they been eradicated? (Note: the equations may be
lost as editable equations in some of these scenarios, but they will help us
determine if there is damage, and how it can be eliminated.)