Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Duncan[_2_] Duncan[_2_] is offline

Default mergefield1 minus mergefield2

Hi

I've had a quick search of the group and can't find anything that directly
relates to this question, so thought i'd go ahead and ask it:

I'm struggling to create the correct equation to produce the result of a
difference between two numbers. I'm simply attemping {= { MERGEFIELD
"FIELD1" }-{ MERGEFIELD "FIELD2" } \#£,0.00 }. However, it gives a syntax
error.

Is there a better way of doing this (some sort of built in operator
perhaps?) or could you perhaps suggest why the syntax error occurs? Should
it even be done with a bookmark reference instead (although i need it to
populate correctly first time without the need for a field refresh to force
the calculation)?

Any help gratefuly received!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Did you insert all the field boundaries with CTRL+F9 or merely type the ones
around the Mergefields?

Duncan wrote:
Hi

I've had a quick search of the group and can't find anything that
directly relates to this question, so thought i'd go ahead and ask it:

I'm struggling to create the correct equation to produce the result
of a difference between two numbers. I'm simply attemping {= {
MERGEFIELD "FIELD1" }-{ MERGEFIELD "FIELD2" } \#£,0.00 }. However,
it gives a syntax error.

Is there a better way of doing this (some sort of built in operator
perhaps?) or could you perhaps suggest why the syntax error occurs?
Should it even be done with a bookmark reference instead (although i
need it to populate correctly first time without the need for a field
refresh to force the calculation)?

Any help gratefuly received!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What is your data source?

If you display the results of the individual mergefields on their own, what
do you see (could they be, for example, texts like £1,234.56 that look like
numbers but are not)?

If you display { ={ MERGEFIELD "FIELD1" } } and { ={ MERGEFIELD
"FIELD2" } } on their own, do they display OK? How about with the numeric
format switch added?

Do you have any SKIPIF fields in your Mailmerge main document?

Peter Jamieson