Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cameron.Crest Cameron.Crest is offline

Default Word Formula using IF

On Apr 8, 3:56*pm, "macropod" wrote:
Hi Cameron,

As the error message said, you have a Syntax Error (ie you've coded the field wrongly). Try:
{={unarmed_rate}+{IF{DropdownRow1}= "Armed" 10 0}}

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Cameron.Crest" wrote in ...
Graham,

I've got a word form I'm trying to create and I am getting a syntax
error in the main calcualation field.

The form is for creating proposals/quotes of security services.
I'm trying to get thecalculationto tell me what the cost will be for
a client based on the contents of a dropdown form field. *All form
fields are calculating on exit.

Here's an outline:

Form field: DropdownRow1 has 2 values: Armed, Unarmed (armed is
chosen)
Form field: Unarmed_Rate has a value of $21.00
Form field: qty1 has a value of 2 (thats 2 Officers)

Here's thecalculationsyntax:
{ =IF{ DropdownRow1 }="Armed" "{ =unarmed_rate+10 }"
"{ =unarmed_rate }"}

Here's the error
!Syntax Error, ARMED

What am I doing wrong? - Hide quoted text -

This worked like a charm.
I cut and pase your formula and re-constructed it by highlighting each
part with braces and pressing CTRL+F9 and removing the text braces.
After protecting the doc for form entry, bingo. Updates when I change
the dropdown and exit.

Thanks a million.

Cameron.

Conditional Formula in Word? Mercedes.K Microsoft Word Help 5 November 3rd 07 10:27 AM
Formula in Word jclplee Tables 1 October 31st 07 01:01 PM
how to align caption of formula right whereas formula itself left Martin van Leeuwen Microsoft Word Help 1 October 22nd 05 06:39 AM
formula in word Cheri Tables 8 July 5th 05 07:27 PM
Word formula - HELP! zSplash Tables 1 June 2nd 05 08:25 PM