Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Stuart Troy Stuart Troy is offline

Default Support "Categories" (Outlook Contacts) in a Word Mail Merge.

Hi Guys,

When your mail merge data source is "Outlook Contacts" how can you choose
the "Category" field, as your merge criteria?

My 600 Outlook contacts are all categorized. But as far as I can see, there
is no way in Word to perform a Outlook contacts merge with the condition
based upon the Outlook contact's category.

My work around is to start in Outlook, highlight the contacts I want to
merge, then initiate the merge from within Outlook.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Stuart
Sydney, AUSTRALIA

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

Stuart Troy wrote:
Hi Guys,

When your mail merge data source is "Outlook Contacts" how can you
choose the "Category" field, as your merge criteria?

My 600 Outlook contacts are all categorized. But as far as I can
see, there is no way in Word to perform a Outlook contacts merge with
the condition based upon the Outlook contact's category.

My work around is to start in Outlook, highlight the contacts I want
to merge, then initiate the merge from within Outlook.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
Stuart
Sydney, AUSTRALIA

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Stuart Troy[_2_] Stuart Troy[_2_] is offline

Thanks Graham,
That's the process I already use.

It simply frustrates me that Word does not support the Category field in
Outlook Contacts.
It's meant to be an office suite, but IMO the integration between Outlook &
Word is weak.

Cheers
Stuart

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you start from Outlook as instructed in the posted link - it supports
*all* the fields including user fields.