Kelly L.

Default mail merge not going to next record

Similar to the post of July 2004, I have a document that has three cards on
each page. Each card is separate from the others. Mail Merge is printing
the same record three times on the document instead of three separate
records. The answer was to create a table. Can I do this in Excel as that
is where my data is? How? I do not have Access.
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you are using a Label type mailmerge, the you need a Next Record
field before the first mergefield of the second and third labels on the
Mailmerge main document. Otherwise, you can use a Catalog or Directory type
mailmerge main document in which you just have a one row table containing
the mergefields. When you execute that merge to a new document it will
contain a table with a row for each record in the datasource.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP