SteveM

Default RFT conversion

I'm trying to convert rft files generated by IBM DW4 . Have downloaded and
installed the Office Conversion pack (I think) but word 2003 doesn't convert
it. Used ABC and hat says the converts are not installed. Have updated
features
garfield-n-odie

What is ABC? Who is "hat"? What does "hat" say exactly? What
updated features? Microsoft hosts forums in many different
languages. English is evidently not your native language, which
is a problem in this English language forum; you might have more
success in communicating your question in one of the other
language forums at
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx
.. The Office Converter Pack currently available for download
from the Microsoft website does not include an IBM DisplayWrite
RFT/DCA file converter for Word. But you can download an RFT/DCA
converter from Word MVP Graham Mayor's website
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm (scroll about half-way down
the page to the "File converter downloads" section).

SteveM wrote:

I'm trying to convert rft files generated by IBM DW4 . Have downloaded and
installed the Office Conversion pack (I think) but word 2003 doesn't convert
it. Used ABC and hat says the converts are not installed. Have updated
features

SteveM

Perhaps I am a little tired. I am also new to the forum so thank you for your
welcoming post. I earlier noticed your communications with another and
followed your advice. The file type appears when you reboot the machine and
the conversion worked very well. So thank you for your very kind support.

ABC Amber Text Converter is a product which pupports to convert RFT files
but appears to need the Windows converters, which as you quite rightly say
are now not included.

Kind Regards

SteveM

SteveM wrote:

I'm trying to convert rft files generated by IBM DW4 . Have downloaded and
installed the Office Conversion pack (I think) but word 2003 doesn't convert
it. Used ABC and hat says the converts are not installed. Have updated
features

Conversion error when Importing Excel spreadsheet into Word 2003 SEBEK Microsoft Word Help 2 August 1st 05 04:38 PM
File Conversion ???? jrichar9 Microsoft Word Help 0 July 5th 05 11:33 PM
Works to Word conversion. Jimmy D. Microsoft Word Help 2 March 26th 05 04:51 AM
Word Conversion Feature HT New Users 0 February 7th 05 05:15 AM
file conversion change encoding Rich Microsoft Word Help 2 December 17th 04 04:13 PM