Beth Ashton

Default Word clipboard, copy paste error

Out of 100 users (identical hardware and windows xp) who were upgraded from
office 2000 to office 2003, 5 are experiencing this problem.
Every so often, about once a week, Word will appear to be copying items but
they will not appear on the clipboard. Sometimes if you have the clipboard
viewer open you can see that an error comes up - format not supported in
clipboard
If you restart the computer, it works again. If you delete the normal.dot
and restart word it works again. If you start winword /a it will work
again.

You can still copy and paste in outlook and excel but not word. You can copy
and paste from excel to word.

I have tried installing Office 2003 SP 1 and patches on one computer, it did
not fix the problem. I do not think we are using a Norton A/V plug in, it is
not listed in the Add Ins dialog box or in Norton preferences anywhere.
There are no adds in listed, or macros running. There is nothing in the
event viewer.

My latest suspicion is that using word as your email editor is corrupting
the normal.dot - does anyone know of this happening.

Out of ideas
Beth Ashton