Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brad White Brad White is offline

Default single line paragraphs

Outlook 2003 SP 2
Word 2003 SP 2

In sending a mail message, Outlook is set up
to use Word.

When starting a new message, the paragraph
spacing is set up wrong.
before is set to 0,
after is set to Auto.

I want them to both be 0.

The current setting is screwing up my signature.

I know I can change it each time, and I do,
but it is getting very old.

I didn't seem to have a mail template,
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\mail.oft
so I got one from someone who's settings do
default correctly. That had no visible effect.

Alternately, how do I tell what template it is using?

Thanks,
Brad.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kaja Kaja is offline

I am not sure if this will answer your question but wanted to pass on the
info. To format paragraphs in Word 2003go to Format on the toolbat then
paraph. You can set the margins there.
Best regards,
Kaja

"Brad White" wrote:

Outlook 2003 SP 2
Word 2003 SP 2

In sending a mail message, Outlook is set up
to use Word.

When starting a new message, the paragraph
spacing is set up wrong.
before is set to 0,
after is set to Auto.

I want them to both be 0.

The current setting is screwing up my signature.

I know I can change it each time, and I do,
but it is getting very old.

I didn't seem to have a mail template,
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\mail.oft
so I got one from someone who's settings do
default correctly. That had no visible effect.

Alternately, how do I tell what template it is using?

Thanks,
Brad.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Kaja wrote :
"Brad White" wrote:
When starting a new message, the paragraph
spacing is set up wrong.
before is set to 0,
after is set to Auto.

I want them to both be 0.

The current setting is screwing up my signature.

I know I can change it each time, and I do,
but it is getting very old.

I am not sure if this will answer your question but wanted to pass on the
info. To format paragraphs in Word 2003go to Format on the toolbat then
paraph. You can set the margins there.

And as I said, I do that every time.
How do I make it stick?

Thanks,