Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Drewie Drewie is offline

Default How do I increase a font size by just 1?

In a previous version of Word I could click on an icon in the formatting bar
which would increase the font size by 1 if the text was highlighted ( and
therefore lots of clicks could achieve any size of font - not just those on
the scroll-down box. ) I now have Vista, and can't do do this any more. Is
there a way?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift- increases the size of selected text
in the increments found in the dropdown list of sizes. The keyboard
shortcut Ctrl-] increases the size of selected text by 1 pt.

You can add a button to your Quick Access Toolbar to do this. Right-
click the (right end of the) QAT, choose Customize, and in the
lefthand dropdown, choose Commands Not in the Ribbon (or All
Commands). Choose Grow Font 1 Pt. The command gets added at the right
end of the QAT, and you can move it where you want with the up and
down arrows at the right side of the panel.

On Oct 8, 10:54*am, Drewie wrote:
In a previous version of Word I could click on an icon in the formatting bar
which would increase the font size by 1 if the text was highlighted ( and
therefore lots of clicks could achieve any size of font - not just those on
the scroll-down box. ) I now have Vista, and can't do do this any more. *Is
there a way?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And of course the reverse is also true: Ctrl+ (that is, Ctrl+Shift+Comma)
decreases the size by one point, and you can add the Shrink Font 1 pt
command to the QAT. In some cases the GrowFont and ShrinkFont commands will
do the same thing--when there is just one point difference between the
listed sizes (as is true with 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12).

http://word.mvps.org