smchugh

Default Merge Fields

I have one paragraph that needs to be printed if 2 conditions are met.

If spring and program_code then paragraph. I have 20 program codes. I
can't find an easy way to do this.

Do I have to have the paragraph entered in 20 times? I do not want to use
the includetext field.

Thanks.

Graham Mayor

What type of merge document is this?

If Includetext for some reason is unacceptable then how about an autotext
field?

Assuming your fieldnames are spring and program_code and you need a true
result then something like
{IF {Mergefield Spring} = "true" "{IF {Mergefield field_code} = "true" "Put
your paragraph, includetext field or autotext field here"}"}

If you are producing a list, set the document type to directory/catalog. and
enter the information just once.

smchugh wrote:
I have one paragraph that needs to be printed if 2 conditions are met.

If spring and program_code then paragraph. I have 20 program codes.
I can't find an easy way to do this.

Do I have to have the paragraph entered in 20 times? I do not want
to use the includetext field.

Thanks.

smchugh

This is just a letter document.
Okay, your suggestion worked, but that leaves me with this issue...

I will have to do that statement approx 15 more times

{IF {Mergefield Term} = "Spring" "{IF {Mergefield program} = "xx" "Put
your paragraph"}"}
{IF {Mergefield Term} = "Spring" "{IF {Mergefield program} = "xy" "Put
your paragraph"}"}

How do I put them all together to make sure I do not have spacing issues.

smchugh wrote:
I have one paragraph that needs to be printed if 2 conditions are met.

If spring and program_code then paragraph. I have 20 program codes.
I can't find an easy way to do this.

Do I have to have the paragraph entered in 20 times? I do not want
to use the includetext field.

Thanks.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

{ IF { Mergefield Term } = "Spring" "{ IF {Mergefield program } = "xx" "Put
your paragraph for Program xx" { IF { Mergefield program } = "xy" "Put
your paragraph for Program xy" { IF { Mergefield program } = "xz" "Put
your paragraph for Program xz" [etc] } } }"" }

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP