Dixie

Default Access locked by another user for mailmerge

I have a mailmerge that works OK on my computer. When I take it to another
computer (on a network), when the merge is run by automation from inside the
Access application, the template opens on the screen with the fields
visible, then an error message.

"File in use. Appname is locked for editing by 'another user'."

I know there is only one user of the database at the time and it is
obviously marked as shareable. I have just moved from mailmerges where the
data is transferred to a small text file on the network (which works fine)
to one where the datasource is a query inside the application.

Has anyone run into this before and can explain why this is occurring?

dixie

Dixie

I have just managed to reproduce the problem on my own computer. the
problem occurs when the Access application is an mde file and works fine if
it is an mdb file. As I can't distribute my application as an mdb, does
this mean I cant use mailmerge using the OpenDataSource method? Seems to be
a strange restriction. Surely someone can help me out with their
experiences here.

dixie