jilldean

Default Missing mailmerge button

Hi There

This is very frustrating!. I am using Word 2003 on my pc and i can get
the "mailmerge helper" button, to enable me to suppress blank lines.
However.... when i try to find this button on other users pc's it is
not there. Even when i go to add/remove buttons this button is not
there.

This was a feature in 2000 and we are wondering whether there was
something wrong with the install for this to happen? I have tried
typing in mailmerge helper in the help screen and it doesnt list
anything at all.

Does anyone know of any reason this button would not be showing or even
tell me if there is another way to suppress the blank lines in a merge?

Many Thanks

--
jilldean
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

From the Tools menu, select Customize and in the Customize dialog, select
the Commands tab and then the All Commands category and then scroll down
through the list of commands until you come across the Mail Merge Helper
item and then click and drag it onto a toolbar.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"jilldean" wrote in message

Hi There

This is very frustrating!. I am using Word 2003 on my pc and i can get
the "mailmerge helper" button, to enable me to suppress blank lines.
However.... when i try to find this button on other users pc's it is
not there. Even when i go to add/remove buttons this button is not
there.

This was a feature in 2000 and we are wondering whether there was
something wrong with the install for this to happen? I have tried
typing in mailmerge helper in the help screen and it doesnt list
anything at all.

Does anyone know of any reason this button would not be showing or even
tell me if there is another way to suppress the blank lines in a merge?

Many Thanks

--
jilldean

jilldean

Thanks for that. I had tried going to Tools - customize and looking for
the button under Mailmerge where you would think it would be but it
wasnt. Should have thought of looking at the all commands option.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP Wrote:
From the Tools menu, select Customize and in the Customize dialog,
select