Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bschworm

Default Word 2003..."Next Record" not working properly?

I'm trying to assist one of my end-users with a mail merge issue that
is driving me crazy. She is creating a merge document for certificates
and there are two certificates per page. So, I put a "Next Record"
field in between the two records on the page, which works as expected.
The problem is that the second record on the first page of the
completed merge is replicated on the second page. Normally, I would
expect Word to jump to the next record when the page changes, but it
doesn't. It only jumps to the next record after the "next record" tag.
Am I doing something wrong here or is this really broken? I'm 99%
certain that this worked fine in previous versions of Word. Any help
is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

It sounds to me like you are not actually executing the merge, just
previewing the results. You must execute the merge to either a printer or a
new document.

I would suggest that you activate the mailmerge toolbar by selecting
Toolbars from the View menu and then check the Mail Merge item in the list.
Then you use the fourth button from the right to merge to a new document or
the third from the right to merge directly to a printer.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"bschworm" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm trying to assist one of my end-users with a mail merge issue that
is driving me crazy. She is creating a merge document for certificates
and there are two certificates per page. So, I put a "Next Record"
field in between the two records on the page, which works as expected.
The problem is that the second record on the first page of the
completed merge is replicated on the second page. Normally, I would
expect Word to jump to the next record when the page changes, but it
doesn't. It only jumps to the next record after the "next record" tag.
Am I doing something wrong here or is this really broken? I'm 99%
certain that this worked fine in previous versions of Word. Any help
is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bschworm

Sure enough.... Thanks.