Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
st peters girls school

Default ungroup word art in MSWord 2003

How do you ungroup Word Art in msword 2003 This option does not appear to be
available THis version is much more fussy and difficult to use with my
elementary students lots of options were much easier in the previouse edition

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi 'School',

Can you give an example of what you're trying to achieve, your prior Word version and the steps you recall taking there with
WordArt? A WordArt graphic
(Insert=Picture=WordArt) is a single Autoshape object. It can be grouped with other objects and then ungrouped. It can have 3D
effects and shadows applied as well as photo and texture fills, and be reshaped, among other features.

========
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c3QgcGV0ZXJzIGdpcmxzIHNjaG9vbA==?=,

How do you ungroup Word Art in msword 2003 This option does not appear to be
available

I think I know what you're talking about... See if this gives you what you're
missing:

From Tools/Customize/Commands, Drawing category, pull "Disassemble picture" out
and drag it to the Drawing toolbar.

COPY the WordArt.
Reposition the cursor.
Edit/Paste Special. Choose "Picture (Windows metafile)" from the list.
With this selected, click "Disassemble picture".

That should break the WordArt up into separate objects (letters)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Cindy,

Ahhh, I thought I was missing a step (the paste as picture) before
using the disassemble choice.

One final step would be to use Draw=Ungroup after the
disassembly to be able to use the letters individually
(depending on the Gallery choice, that may be more than one
level of ungrouping).

==========
"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message news:VA.0000ba1b.0059e4f0@speedy...
I think I know what you're talking about... See if this gives you what you're
missing:

From Tools/Customize/Commands, Drawing category, pull "Disassemble picture" out
and drag it to the Drawing toolbar.

COPY the WordArt.
Reposition the cursor.
Edit/Paste Special. Choose "Picture (Windows metafile)" from the list.
With this selected, click "Disassemble picture".

That should break the WordArt up into separate objects (letters)

Cindy Meister

--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

If you want a real 'experience' g, use a Gallery choice that has a
gradient background and ungroup the individual letters -- you'll get
hundreds of vertical lines, one for each color in the gradient.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 06:31:14 -0800, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)"
75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:

Hi Cindy,

Ahhh, I thought I was missing a step (the paste as picture) before
using the disassemble choice.

One final step would be to use Draw=Ungroup after the
disassembly to be able to use the letters individually
(depending on the Gallery choice, that may be more than one
level of ungrouping).

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message news:VA.0000ba1b.0059e4f0@speedy...
I think I know what you're talking about... See if this gives you what you're
missing:

From Tools/Customize/Commands, Drawing category, pull "Disassemble picture" out