Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Demosthenes53

Default In word the open dialoge window will not open

After opening Word,to open an existing document, I click open and an open
dialogu box comes down with a list of files which are to be opened by
clicking. Suddenly inthe past two days the files wil not open and the open
box is marked not responding so that I have to end the task. I can find no
method to correct this which is a new problem after severl years of good
operation. Any advice?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

See if this helps:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918165 ("Problems in Windows Explorer or the
Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015").

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Demosthenes53" wrote in message
After opening Word,to open an existing document, I click open and an open
dialogu box comes down with a list of files which are to be opened by
clicking. Suddenly inthe past two days the files wil not open and the open
box is marked not responding so that I have to end the task. I can find no
method to correct this which is a new problem after severl years of good
operation. Any advice?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Demosthenes53

Thanks for the prompt reply. After sending the request I checked the site and
found others had a similar problem and were advised about updtae MS06-015. I
followed the instructins from those suggestions and eventually was able to
solve the problem only by removing that update. Thanks. I have learned how to
ask questions on this site.
Paul Kelley

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
window title file name gbp Microsoft Word Help 12 December 25th 05 06:48 PM