Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doesntlikepointlesschange

Default Task pane, Word 2003

How do I get the Word 2003 task pane to go away forever? It contributes
nothing, and is just in the way.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rajkohli

You can switch off the Task Pane for general commands but not for every
command. To turn off the Task Pane not to appear on Startup and for General
Commands like New file, Goto - Tools - Options - View tab - uncheck Startup
Task Pane. However, when you will use something like Mail Merge then it will
appear automatically.

Let us know, if the information is useful to you.

"Doesntlikepointlesschange" wrote:

How do I get the Word 2003 task pane to go away forever? It contributes
nothing, and is just in the way.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...owTaskPane.htm .