Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
USAPA

Default Word and Publisher question

Hello everyone I have a question for the board. How does one merge documents
created in Publisher with Documents created in Word? I am using the 2003
edition. I wrote a book proposal used word to create the proposal and
Publisher to create the book chapters. How can I combine all these into a
single file? Any info that can be provided will be appreciated. Thanks in
advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Only if you are prepared to reformat one of them substantially. Which would
defeat the purpose of having used Word or Publisher in the first place. Word
and Publisher are different beasts.

"USAPA" wrote in message
Hello everyone I have a question for the board. How does one merge
documents
created in Publisher with Documents created in Word? I am using the
2003
edition. I wrote a book proposal used word to create the proposal and
Publisher to create the book chapters. How can I combine all these into
single file? Any info that can be provided will be appreciated. Thanks
in
advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
USAPA

How about if I copy and paste the word documents with Publisher documents how
would I merge them all? What would be the best method to use. Thanks for the
advice so far.

"USAPA" wrote in message
Hello everyone I have a question for the board. How does one merge
documents
created in Publisher with Documents created in Word? I am using the
2003
edition. I wrote a book proposal used word to create the proposal and
Publisher to create the book chapters. How can I combine all these into
single file? Any info that can be provided will be appreciated. Thanks
in
advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Suck it and see. I guess it depends on the documents. If you had good reason
to use Word and Publisher in the first place, then you'll probably end up
with a mess; but hard to say without seeing the documents. Total effort will
likely be least if you simply take whichever is the shorter document and
simply re-do it in the other app.

What have you got against the PDF option? -- you would have had the job
finished hours ago.

"USAPA" wrote in message
Hello everyone I have a question for the board. How does one merge
documents
created in Publisher with Documents created in Word? I am using the
2003
edition. I wrote a book proposal used word to create the proposal
and
Publisher to create the book chapters. How can I combine all these
into
single file? Any info that can be provided will be appreciated.
Thanks
in
advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
USAPA

I did the propsal part in publisher what would be the best way to merge 3
seperate files done in publisher together? And then I will will have to
compress them to send over email. Jezebel thanks for all your help and
advice.

"USAPA" wrote in message
Hello everyone I have a question for the board. How does one merge
documents
created in Publisher with Documents created in Word? I am using the
2003
edition. I wrote a book proposal used word to create the proposal
and
Publisher to create the book chapters. How can I combine all these
into
single file? Any info that can be provided will be appreciated.
Thanks
in
advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

You'll need to find a Publisher expert for advice on that.
You could zip the three into one ZIP file.

news

"USAPA" wrote in message
Hello everyone I have a question for the board. How does one
merge
documents
created in Publisher with Documents created in Word? I am using
the
2003
edition. I wrote a book proposal used word to create the proposal
and
Publisher to create the book chapters. How can I combine all
these
into
single file? Any info that can be provided will be appreciated.
Thanks
in
advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Also, there's no point in sending a Publisher file unless you know the
recipient also has Publisher: most people don't. Which is another good
reason for using PDF.

news

"USAPA" wrote in message
Hello everyone I have a question for the board. How does one
merge
documents
created in Publisher with Documents created in Word? I am using
the
2003
edition. I wrote a book proposal used word to create the proposal
and
Publisher to create the book chapters. How can I combine all
these
into
single file? Any info that can be provided will be appreciated.
Thanks
in
advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's what we (over in the Publisher newsgroup) advised her to do.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Also, there's no point in sending a Publisher file unless you know the
recipient also has Publisher: most people don't. Which is another good
reason for using PDF.

news

"USAPA" wrote in message
Hello everyone I have a question for the board. How does one
merge
documents
created in Publisher with Documents created in Word? I am using
the
2003
edition. I wrote a book proposal used word to create the
proposal
and
Publisher to create the book chapters. How can I combine all
these
into
single file? Any info that can be provided will be appreciated.
Thanks
in
advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
USAPA USAPA is offline

Thanks for the advice everyone now I have a real stupid question for posters
here, I am a novice at creating PDF files so could someone here kindly
advise what steps to take? I have adobe reader 7.0 on my PC and did a google
search and found pronto PDF was a free universal method to use. I dont have
acrobat could adobe or pronto be used to convert files in publisher to PDF?
Again I am know it might sound stupid to some here. Also as a side note I am
a man the literary agent is a woman.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Also, there's no point in sending a Publisher file unless you know the
recipient also has Publisher: most people don't. Which is another good
reason for using PDF.

news

"USAPA" wrote in message
Hello everyone I have a question for the board. How does one
merge
documents
created in Publisher with Documents created in Word? I am using
the
2003
edition. I wrote a book proposal used word to create the
proposal
and
Publisher to create the book chapters. How can I combine all
these
into
single file? Any info that can be provided will be appreciated.
Thanks
in
advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Computer programs are gender neutral.

I've never heard of Pronto PDF. I have recommended PrimoPDF to many others,
friends and strangers alike. Most of the freebie program will allow you to
covert files to .pdf but nothing else. To edit them, combine them, etc, you
need to start paying.

Try a freebie and see what you think. The agent will not know whether you
used a $300 program or a free one.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Also, there's no point in sending a Publisher file unless you know the
recipient also has Publisher: most people don't. Which is another good
reason for using PDF.

news I did the propsal part in publisher what would be the best way to merge

"USAPA" wrote in message
Hello everyone I have a question for the board. How does one
merge
documents
created in Publisher with Documents created in Word? I am
using
the
2003
edition. I wrote a book proposal used word to create the
proposal
and
Publisher to create the book chapters. How can I combine all
these
into
single file? Any info that can be provided will be
appreciated.
Thanks
in
advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
USAPA USAPA is offline

I want to thank everyone that has helped me out I finally learned how to
create a PDF File. Is there a way to merge these PDF created in Primo? I
still need to put them together in one attachment. Again I want to thank
everyone here for their advice.

"USAPA" wrote in message
Hello everyone I have a question for the board. How does one
merge
documents
created in Publisher with Documents created in Word? I am
using
the
2003
edition. I wrote a book proposal used word to create the
proposal
and
Publisher to create the book chapters. How can I combine all
these
into
single file? Any info that can be provided will be
appreciated.
Thanks
in
advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

We've been answering these questions in the Pub group.

USAPA - you will find life a lot easier if you do not multi-post.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]