Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donna donna is offline

Default CONVERT PDF TO WORD 2007

Is there a converter on WORD 2007 or do we still have to go thru shareware?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

There is an add-in available from Microsoft.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"donna" wrote in message
Is there a converter on WORD 2007 or do we still have to go thru
shareware?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

There is an add-in available from Microsoft for saving as PDF. At one time
it was integrated into the Office applications but MS lost the lawsuit. ;-)

To find the add-in, click the Microsoft Office Button, point to Save As, and
then click the link along the lines of "Find additional add-ins". I forget
the exact wording but it's below the Save As 97-2003 file format command.

Note that allowing the application to find the download for you is the best
method. Many users have reported difficulty with searching the Microsoft
site for the add-in and downloading/installing it from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"donna" wrote in message
Is there a converter on WORD 2007 or do we still have to go thru
shareware?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

JoAnn and Beth have answered what's probably your question. However, your
subject line says "PDF to Word 2007", which suggests you might be wanting to
go in the other direction. Word 2007 does not have a method for reading PDF
files -- it can write them, only. To go in the other direction, you'd need
to rely on the clipboard (copy/paste), or perhaps use the full version of
Acrobat and save from there into Word format. The results are seldom
satisfactory, in my experience.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"donna" wrote in message
Is there a converter on WORD 2007 or do we still have to go thru
shareware?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Good catch! I've been mired up past my eyeballs trying to learn Access today
(and making a wee bit of progress) so I'm reading funny. Most posters want
to be able to make PDF files, not break them.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"donna" wrote in message
Is there a converter on WORD 2007 or do we still have to go thru
shareware?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carlos Sales Carlos Sales is offline

Can you clearify where do I find the Microsoft Office Button to click? What
application? Sorry, I need a little hand-holding.

Thanks,

Carlos Sales

"donna" wrote in message
Is there a converter on WORD 2007 or do we still have to go thru
shareware?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

No problem. :-) The Microsoft Office Button is the round button in the upper
left corner of the application window. If you are looking for the link for
the PDF add-in you can use Excel, Word, or PowerPoint for this -- the link
is in the same location.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Carlos Sales" Carlos wrote in message
Can you clearify where do I find the Microsoft Office Button to click?
What
application? Sorry, I need a little hand-holding.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Have you downloaded the add-in yet?

The Office button is that round button in the upper left corner of Word.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Beth Melton" wrote:

There is an add-in available from Microsoft for saving as PDF. At one
time
it was integrated into the Office applications but MS lost the lawsuit.
;-)

"donna" wrote in message
Is there a converter on WORD 2007 or do we still have to go thru
shareware?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deborah Zotian - MOS Deborah Zotian - MOS is offline

If you have Acobe Reader 8.0, you can highlight the text, and do a copy/paste
to a Word doc. You will have to go through for formatting/errors/etc., just
as if you were doing a scan with OCR software. It's not the best, but it does
work in a pinch. And, it only works with 8.0. (Found this by accident - the
way I usually find things!)

Is there a converter on WORD 2007 or do we still have to go thru shareware?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LB LB is offline

You can convert Word 2007 to PDF but you can't do vice versa.
You can download the thing to convert to PDF he
"donna" wrote:

Is there a converter on WORD 2007 or do we still have to go thru shareware?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Donna -

If you have Acrobat 8, you can export to Word. The PDF must have been
OCR'ed if it was scanned to PDF rather than Printed or Distilled to PDF.
However, the results of your Export will have put the entire document
into a number of frames. Therefore you will want to run this macro which
will loop through the document and strip them out. You will have some
formatting issues, but the bulk of the document will be there.

Sub RemoveFrame()
Dim MyBox as Shape
For Each MyBox in ActiveDocument.Shapes
With MyBox
.Select
.Line.Visible = msoFalse
.ConvertToFrame
End With
Next MyBox
Dim MyFrame as Frame
For Each MyFrame in ActiveDocument.Frames
MyFrame.Select
MyFrame.Delete
Next MyFrame
End Sub

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"donna" wrote in message
:

Is there a converter on WORD 2007 or do we still have to go thru shareware?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9/24/2007 11:27 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Others have assumed that you want to convert Word to PDF rather than the
other way round as indicated by your subject. Word 2007 will create PDFs
with the appropriate add-in installed but has no means of converting PDF
back to Word.

donna wrote:
Is there a converter on WORD 2007 or do we still have to go thru
shareware?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Ed Bennett has a tutorial on how to convert a PDF, it is Publisher specific but
it will work with Word.
Converting PDF Files
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/convertpdf

--