Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lawrencae lawrencae is offline

Default Replacing and deleting text

Help. I did something wrong and cant find the fix for it. I can no longer
highlight something then press backspace to delete it or highlight something
and replace it by typing over it. This is really annoying.

I am using MS Word 2003, Win XP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press the Insert key on the keyboard.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"lawrencae" wrote in message
Help. I did something wrong and can't find the fix for it. I can no longer
highlight something then press backspace to delete it or highlight
something
and replace it by typing over it. This is really annoying.

I am using MS Word 2003, Win XP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Select Tools Options Edit (tab) from the Menu
Check "Typing replaces selection"

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"lawrencae" wrote in message
Help. I did something wrong and cant find the fix for it. I can no longer
highlight something then press backspace to delete it or highlight
something
and replace it by typing over it. This is really annoying.

I am using MS Word 2003, Win XP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lawrencae lawrencae is offline

Hi Doug,

Yes, that could have helped but my problem was actually fixed by: Select
Tools Options Edit tab and turn on "Typing replaces selection".

Thanks again though.

Lawrence Miller

"lawrencae" wrote in message
Help. I did something wrong and can't find the fix for it. I can no longer
highlight something then press backspace to delete it or highlight
something
and replace it by typing over it. This is really annoying.

I am using MS Word 2003, Win XP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Umm - Lawrence - you have a serious case of reiteritis! ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]