Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don

Default How do I insert a checkbox in an unprotected section in Word?

Trying to create a template with two sections. Section 1 is protected with
text boxes and checkboxs active.
Section 2 is unprotected with freeform text. I am trying to place a checkbox
in section 2 so the users may use it to check mark their selections.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/add_check_boxes.htm and
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn for
several different ways to make checkboxes.

Don wrote:

Trying to create a template with two sections. Section 1 is protected with
text boxes and checkboxs active.
Section 2 is unprotected with freeform text. I am trying to place a checkbox
in section 2 so the users may use it to check mark their selections.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Oops... the first link has moved to
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm .

Don wrote:

Trying to create a template with two sections. Section 1 is protected
with text boxes and checkboxs active.
Section 2 is unprotected with freeform text. I am trying to place a
checkbox in section 2 so the users may use it to check mark their
selections.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

GNO

Thanks for mentioning the move. Perhaps I will go off and try to figure out
how to redirect to the new page. Don't know where to start. Any ideas?

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Don wrote:

Trying to create a template with two sections. Section 1 is protected
with text boxes and checkboxs active.
Section 2 is unprotected with freeform text. I am trying to place a
checkbox in section 2 so the users may use it to check mark their
selections.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

Suzanne,

Yes I use FrontPage and I am all ears (or in this case eyes).

--

Don wrote:

Trying to create a template with two sections. Section 1 is
protected with text boxes and checkboxs active.
Section 2 is unprotected with freeform text. I am trying to place
a checkbox in section 2 so the users may use it to check mark
their selections.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

In the code, in the HEAD section put something like:
meta http-equiv="Refresh"
content="1;URL=http://www.addbalance.com/index.htm"LINK HREF="Rev"

The content value is number of seconds to wait before changing to the new
page. I don't know if you can set it to zero but you can try.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Don wrote:

Trying to create a template with two sections. Section 1 is
protected with text boxes and checkboxs active.
Section 2 is unprotected with freeform text. I am trying to place
a checkbox in section 2 so the users may use it to check mark
their selections.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can set it to zero, but it's not advised because this effectively
disables the user's Back button, which can be very frustrating. It drives me
crazy when I hit pages like this and end up having to drop down the arrow
beside Back to get back to the page that should be the previous one.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...

Don wrote:

Trying to create a template with two sections. Section 1 is
protected with text boxes and checkboxs active.
Section 2 is unprotected with freeform text. I am trying to place
a checkbox in section 2 so the users may use it to check mark
their selections.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

In the head section of what? The old page? I don't have it anymore.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

The only way to redirect that I know of is with the old page.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Greg" wrote in message
oups.com...
In the head section of what? The old page? I don't have it anymore.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Charles,

Actually, I do have the old page, but I renamed it when I made the
major changes. That was probably my mistake.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

So, post the page with the old name and put the redirect code in the header
of the old page. It will give people with the old url your new content
without you having to update both pages.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Greg" wrote in message
oups.com...
Charles,

Actually, I do have the old page, but I renamed it when I made the
major changes. That was probably my mistake.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

Charles,

Got it. All fixed. Thanks.