Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randy Gardner Randy Gardner is offline

Default Word capitalizes the first letter of new lines

How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html
See Capitalize Lines.

I have tried everything in the option menu.

--
Thank you,

Randy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Tools | AutoCorrect Options | Deselect Capitalize first word of sentences.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html
See Capitalize Lines.

I have tried everything in the option menu.

--
Thank you,

Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randy Gardner Randy Gardner is offline

Hi Carol:

It is unchecked!

Any other suggestions?

--
Thank you,

Randy

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html
See Capitalize Lines.

I have tried everything in the option menu.

--
Thank you,

Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

You're not, by any chance, working with a table are you? I don't really know
if you're add in is an issue or not.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

Hi Carol:

It is unchecked!

Any other suggestions?

--
Thank you,

Randy

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html
See Capitalize Lines.

I have tried everything in the option menu.

--
Thank you,

Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randy Gardner Randy Gardner is offline

No, letters only.

Word is my OutLook editor and it does it with emails also!

--
Thank you,

Randy

"Carol" wrote:

You're not, by any chance, working with a table are you? I don't really know
if you're add in is an issue or not.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

Hi Carol:

It is unchecked!

Any other suggestions?

--
Thank you,

Randy

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html
See Capitalize Lines.

I have tried everything in the option menu.

--
Thank you,

Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Are you allowing Word to wrap or are you hitting enter at the end of each
sentence?
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Carol" wrote:

You're not, by any chance, working with a table are you? I don't really know
if you're add in is an issue or not.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

Hi Carol:

It is unchecked!

Any other suggestions?

--
Thank you,

Randy

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html
See Capitalize Lines.

I have tried everything in the option menu.

--
Thank you,

Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randy Gardner Randy Gardner is offline

Not using word wrap.

Formating sentence length with enter key
--
Thank you,

Randy

"Carol" wrote:

You're not, by any chance, working with a table are you? I don't really know
if you're add in is an issue or not.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

Hi Carol:

It is unchecked!

Any other suggestions?

--
Thank you,

Randy

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html
See Capitalize Lines.

I have tried everything in the option menu.

--
Thank you,

Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

When you press Enter at the end of a line, it makes a new paragraph, so Word
assumes that the next character begins a new sentence. If you don't really
mean to start a new paragraph, then don't press Enter. Just let Word wrap
the text naturally.

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Carol" wrote:

You're not, by any chance, working with a table are you? I don't really know
if you're add in is an issue or not.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

Hi Carol:

It is unchecked!

Any other suggestions?

--
Thank you,

Randy

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html
See Capitalize Lines.

I have tried everything in the option menu.

--
Thank you,

Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randy Gardner Randy Gardner is offline

I really appreciate your help!!!

Well, that is fine in Word where you can set margins, however, Outlook doesn't
have that capabilites, at least as far as I know.

Seems like a counterdiction and bug when you can deselect "capitalizes the
first word of a sentence" and Word assumes that the "enter key" represent a
new sentence and Capitalizes it regardless of the setting?

What do I turn off to allow me to format sentence length? Grammer or style
or both?

--
Thank you,

Randy

"Carol" wrote:

You're not, by any chance, working with a table are you? I don't really know
if you're add in is an issue or not.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

Hi Carol:

It is unchecked!

Any other suggestions?

--
Thank you,

Randy

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html
See Capitalize Lines.

I have tried everything in the option menu.

--
Thank you,

Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Davis Chuck Davis is offline

news

"Carol" wrote:

You're not, by any chance, working with a table are you? I don't
really know
if you're add in is an issue or not.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

Hi Carol:

It is unchecked!

Any other suggestions?

--
Thank you,

Randy

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of
each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html
See Capitalize Lines.

I have tried everything in the option menu.

--
Thank you,

Randy

Randy,

Instead of thinking about what you see, think of the recipient. When a
message is opened that you have sent with text lines that look good to you,
the recipient may see something entirely different if their viewing pane is
not the same as yours. It will really look messed up.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is a function of your mail client. In Outlook Express (and I imagine
Outlook as well), you can select the length of lines for plain-text
messages. If you're sending HTML (which is discouraged), then lines will
wrap to the window in which the recipient is reading them.

"Carol" wrote:

You're not, by any chance, working with a table are you? I

don't really know
if you're add in is an issue or not.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

Hi Carol:

It is unchecked!

Any other suggestions?

--
Thank you,

Randy

"Randy Gardner" wrote:

How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of

each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html
See Capitalize Lines.

I have tried everything in the option menu.

--
Thank you,

Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Stop pressing Enter at the end of every line. When you press Enter, you
create a new paragraph, and Word, reasonably enough, assumes that the
beginning of a paragraph is the beginning of a sentence, which it
capitalizes if you have the corresponding AutoCorrect Options box checked.

"Randy Gardner" wrote in message
How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html
See Capitalize Lines.

I have tried everything in the option menu.

--
Thank you,

Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

The OP says he doesn't have the AutoCorrect option checked.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Stop pressing Enter at the end of every line. When you press Enter, you
create a new paragraph, and Word, reasonably enough, assumes that the
beginning of a paragraph is the beginning of a sentence, which it
capitalizes if you have the corresponding AutoCorrect Options box checked.

"Randy Gardner" wrote in message
How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html
See Capitalize Lines.

I have tried everything in the option menu.

--
Thank you,

Randy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Naticruz Naticruz is offline

"Randy Gardner" escreveu:

How do I stop Word from capitalizing the first letter of each new line?

I'm using Office XP.

Does it have anything to do with plug ins:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/plugins.html

Hi! Randy

You can utilize Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit Outlook messages. This
way you are able to set margins.

Do this: Open Outlook. Tools Menu. Post Format. Check the appropriate square.

By other way, if you dont wont to write in Word, you can interrupt a line
without made a paragraph, simply pressing shift key and at same time enter
key.

NATICRUZ

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Convert to Symbols Omar Menjivar Microsoft Word Help 7 June 27th 05 07:32 PM