uncducks or (doug)

Default I need a download for word..

I have windows XP2 and want to down load Word.Is there any links I can go
to,to download Word? Thank you

P.S. I am not to good at finding things on here yet but I am learning.
--
uncducks
Charles Kenyon

All you could download is either the Word viewer or a trial version. The
trial version is only good for 60 days and is a huge download. If you
qualify, you might want to check into purchasing the Student and Teachers
version of Office. Otherwise, the least expensive way to get Word is in the
Works Suite.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"uncducks or (doug)" wrote in
message ...
I have windows XP2 and want to down load Word.Is there any links I can go
to,to download Word? Thank you

P.S. I am not to good at finding things on here yet but I am learning.
--
uncducks

Amedee Van Gasse

Charles Kenyon shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

All you could download is either the Word viewer or a trial version.
The trial version is only good for 60 days and is a huge download. If
you qualify, you might want to check into purchasing the Student and
Teachers version of Office. Otherwise, the least expensive way to get
Word is in the Works Suite.

Do you want MS Word, a word processor made by Microsoft?
Or do you want a word processor, no matter who wrote it?

If you really, really don't want to pay for "a" word processor, you can
download OpenOffice: http://openoffice.org. There are more important
reasons to use OpenOffice. Money is the least important reason.

I only give you this suggestion because you explicitly write you want
to download which implies you don't want to pay for it. If you do want
to spend money, please buy Microsoft Word.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1

Pop

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote
in message
[...]

Or, WordPad might suffice, too, especially if he's a
newbie to word pocessing. But if he needs the "full"
Word feature set, OpenOffice won't provide it; he'll
need Word, unfortunately.
That's not a dig at OpenOffice, Write, or any of the
open sources; I wanted to use OO, but, well, not yet
g.

Pop

Amedee Van Gasse

Pop shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Or, WordPad might suffice, too, especially if he's a
newbie to word pocessing. But if he needs the "full"
Word feature set, OpenOffice won't provide it; he'll
need Word, unfortunately.
That's not a dig at OpenOffice, Write, or any of the
open sources; I wanted to use OO, but, well, not yet
g.

99% of what people *use*, is also provided by OpenOffice 2.0
99% of what people *need*, is also provided by WordPad.

Ergo it's the remaining 1% that we see here regularly in the
newsgroups. ;-)

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1

Pop

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote
in message
Pop shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Or, WordPad might suffice, too, especially if he's a
newbie to word pocessing. But if he needs the
"full"
Word feature set, OpenOffice won't provide it; he'll
need Word, unfortunately.
That's not a dig at OpenOffice, Write, or any of
the
open sources; I wanted to use OO, but, well, not yet
g.

99% of what people *use*, is also provided by
OpenOffice 2.0
99% of what people *need*, is also provided by
WordPad.

Ergo it's the remaining 1% that we see here regularly
in the
newsgroups. ;-)

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1

Hmmm, I thinks them thar numbers is a teeny bit skewed
g, but:
good observation, and one that's easy to forget.

Regards,

Pop

Amedee Van Gasse

Pop shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

99% of what people use, is also provided by
OpenOffice 2.0
99% of what people need, is also provided by
WordPad.

Ergo it's the remaining 1% that we see here regularly
in the
newsgroups. ;-)

Hmmm, I thinks them thar numbers is a teeny bit skewed
g, but:
good observation, and one that's easy to forget.

Regards,

Pop

80% of all statistics are made up.
;-)

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Rumor has it that 51% of Amedee's stats are made up. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
Pop shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

99% of what people use, is also provided by
OpenOffice 2.0
99% of what people need, is also provided by
WordPad.

Ergo it's the remaining 1% that we see here regularly
in the
newsgroups. ;-)

Hmmm, I thinks them thar numbers is a teeny bit skewed
g, but:
good observation, and one that's easy to forget.

Regards,

Pop

80% of all statistics are made up.
;-)

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1

TF

Worse: Amedee is a spin doctor for Linux!

Terry

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote in message
: Rumor has it that 51% of Amedee's stats are made up. ;-)
:
: --
:
: JoAnn Paules
: MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
:
:
:
: "Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
: ...
: Pop shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:
:
: 99% of what people use, is also provided by
: OpenOffice 2.0
: 99% of what people need, is also provided by
: WordPad.
:
: Ergo it's the remaining 1% that we see here regularly
: in the
: newsgroups. ;-)
:
:
: Hmmm, I thinks them thar numbers is a teeny bit skewed
: g, but:
: good observation, and one that's easy to forget.
:
: Regards,
:
: Pop
:
: 80% of all statistics are made up.
: ;-)
:
: --
: Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
:
:

Amedee Van Gasse

TF shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Worse: Amedee is a spin doctor for Linux!

Nope. Only for Free Software. I can't help it that Linux happens to be
Free!

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sweetralphnyc sweetralphnyc is offline

I am buying a netbook
I have a valid copy (with key code)
the netbook has no drive to use the CD
can I down load from Web and use my Key code?
if yes were do I find the web sit?

Thanks
Ralph Behar

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

All you could download is either the Word viewer or a trial version. The
trial version is only good for 60 days and is a huge download. If you
qualify, you might want to check into purchasing the Student and Teachers
version of Office. Otherwise, the least expensive way to get Word is in the
Works Suite.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"uncducks or (doug)" wrote in
message ...
I have windows XP2 and want to down load Word.Is there any links I can go
to,to download Word? Thank you

P.S. I am not to good at finding things on here yet but I am learning.
--
uncducks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sweetralphnyc sweetralphnyc is offline

I tried that and I couldn't get it to load on easy transfer?
is there some other way to make this happen?

Ralph

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

All you could download is either the Word viewer or a trial version. The
trial version is only good for 60 days and is a huge download. If you
qualify, you might want to check into purchasing the Student and Teachers
version of Office. Otherwise, the least expensive way to get Word is in
the
Works Suite.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"uncducks or (doug)" wrote in
message ...
I have windows XP2 and want to down load Word.Is there any links I can
go
to,to download Word? Thank you

P.S. I am not to good at finding things on here yet but I am learning.
--
uncducks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You dn't need Easy Transfer. Copy the contents to the flash drive then click
on the install (or setup?) file.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sweetralphnyc sweetralphnyc is offline

How many Gigs for
Outlook
word
Excell
do you think I am going to need?

Ralph

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

For the installation package, no more than on the CD. For the installed
files, the packaging should tell you the requirements.

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

All you could download is either the Word viewer or a trial
version.
The
trial version is only good for 60 days and is a huge download. If
you
qualify, you might want to check into purchasing the Student and
Teachers
version of Office. Otherwise, the least expensive way to get Word
is
in
the
Works Suite.
--
Charles Kenyon

Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version
of

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"uncducks or (doug)"
wrote
in
message ...
I have windows XP2 and want to down load Word.Is there any links I
can
go
to,to download Word? Thank you

P.S. I am not to good at finding things on here yet but I am
learning.
--
uncducks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

How about making an iso of the cd and putting that on the drive?

Or maybe it will install from a folder on the hard drive itself after an
easy transfer.

Brian

Email:

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Copy the installation CD to a flash drive. Copy the Flash drive to a new
folder on your HDD. Run Setup from your HDD.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

All you could download is either the Word viewer or a trial version. The
trial version is only good for 60 days and is a huge download. If you
qualify, you might want to check into purchasing the Student and Teachers
version of Office. Otherwise, the least expensive way to get Word is in
the
Works Suite.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"uncducks or (doug)" wrote in
message ...
I have windows XP2 and want to down load Word.Is there any links I can
go
to,to download Word? Thank you

P.S. I am not to good at finding things on here yet but I am learning.
--
uncducks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BillW50 BillW50 is offline

In ,
sweetralphnyc typed on Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:12:01 -0700:
I am buying a netbook
I have a valid copy (with key code)
the netbook has no drive to use the CD
can I down load from Web and use my Key code?
if yes were do I find the web sit?

Thanks
Ralph Behar

All of the replies I have read should work fine. Although another idea
is if you are on a network and one other computer has a CD/DVD drive,
just share the drive on the network. Bingo! Now your netbook now has a
CD/DVD drive. Transfer rate maybe 2 to 4 times slower, but it works.
wink

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) - Windows XP SP2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chad Harris[_5_] Chad Harris[_5_] is offline

"sweetralphnyc" wrote in message
news
I tried that and I couldn't get it to load on easy transfer?
is there some other way to make this happen?

Hi--

Why do you need to put Office on the netbook with Easy Transfer? Easy
Transfer is aimed at transferring
things like:

–*User accounts

–*Files and folders

–*E-mail messages, settings, and contacts

–*Photos, music, and videos

–*Windows settings

–*Program data files and settings

–*Internet settings

But why can't you just put your Office (DVD? if it's 2007) into a DVD drive
and copy the files to the thumb drive and set it up from the thumb the way
Suzanne sugested? Why does ET have to be in the equation at all to install
Office on your netbook?

I've not put Office on a thumb drive, although I'm tempted to try it, but I
have installed a number of Win 7's on laptops with broken optical drive
using a couple steps I don't think you even need with Office.

As I understand it, you don't yet have the netbook, but that's what I'd try
when you get it.

Best of luck,

CH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Oggy Oggy is offline

My DVD copy of Office 2007 occupies under 600mb